There are many fields in which artificial intelligence (AI) may be related to electrical, mechanical, psychology and philosophy. We use this concept in a simpler application of fire detection. In our project, we use a sensor to detect fire, which sends the information to a microcontroller, which is written with a program based on fuzzy logic algorithm, which turns nozzle head of the fire fighter to that direction.
Two-stepper motors are provided. One is up and down movement and another one is the clockwise and anticlockwise rotation. A valve opens in the nozzle, which is controlled by the D.C Motor.
Fuzzy logic algorithm here used is to sense the fire and to trigger the nozzle in the direction of fire
AI as we know it today is a relative field. Even though some ground work had been laid earlier. AI began during the years of 1940’s and 1950’s.
What AI is?
AI is a branch of computer science concerned with the study and creation of computer system that exhibit some form of intelligence. The system is learning new concepts and tasks, system that reason and draw useful conclusion about the world around us.
The system can understand a natural language or perceive and comprehend a visual scene and system that performs other types of feast that require human type of intelligence. Fuzzy logic algorithm is used for performing AI functions. FUZZY is a term that is related to the word vague or not clear forming logical or meaningful functions based on the unclear term is the concept.
We use this concept for project ‘FIRE FIGHTING ROBO’, with micro controllers and sensors.
The block diagram explains the working of the fire fighter in the represented order.
Step 1:Fire is detected by the flame sensor. The direction of the fire will also be detected by the sensor.
Step 2:The signal obtained by the sensor is sent to the amplifier which is the basic information for the micro controller.
Step 3:After receiving the amplifier signal, based on the signal the Micro Controller executes the program. Such as
- Stepper motor activation
- Nozzle activation
Two motors are used; one in for up and down movement of the nozzle and other is for rotary motion.
Merits and Limitations:
- The intelligence of the fire fighter can detect fire for about one feet square area.
- The range of detection of fire is 360º, in all directions.
- The nozzle adjustments are such that water or any chemicals, which are used to extinguish fire, can be used here.
- Since the project is based on the Micro controller, it is compact and swift and response.
- No external devices are used here to control it.
- The nature of the fire cannot be found out.
- Huge fires cannot be extinguished.
- The stepper motor used works only on 12V supply, hence applications are limited.
- On Embedding of Text in Audio – A case of Steganography | Engineering Mini Projects | Btech Project Ideas
- Secret Communication through Audio for Defense Application | Engineering Mini Projects | Btech Project Ideas
- lemon battery | Engineering Mini Projects | Btech Project Ideas
- JNTU IV B.Tech. I Semester Supplementary Exams, May/June – 2009 MICROCONTROLLER AND APPLICATIONS – set 4
- JNTU IV B.Tech. I Semester Supplementary Exams, May/June – 2009 MICROCONTROLLER AND APPLICATIONS – set 2
- JNTU IV B.Tech. I Semester Supplementary Exams, May/June – 2009 MICROCONTROLLER AND APPLICATIONS – set 1